Our Global Art & Creative Program is a complete and systematic program designed to encourage students of each level, to develop their artistic skills, broaden their creative thinking, and deepen their interest in art. We believe that the strength of the system lies in its emphasis not on the outcomes, but on the creative process.
Our programmes are crafted to progressively inspire learners to visualise, comprehend and compose their own subject, background, colors to bring dynamics to their finished masterpiece.
We believe that art and creative drawing have the power to enhance a child’s mental development, broaden the scope of imagination and expression, and unleash hidden creative potential. Positive experience in art also increases self-esteem, boosts confidence in problem solving, and promotes adoption of logical sequencing in the developing of ideas.
Our teachers are professionally trained to guide their students to a higher level of artistic appreciation and skill.
Towards a better world by embracing creativity and innovation
Nurturing young minds to be Imaginative, Creative and Innovative, unlocking their creative potentials and enriching their lives
- Promote creative and innovative thinking in children’s life.
- Apply creative Ingenuity to deliver the best products, training and services
- Strive to be more efficient, effective and to deliver more
Art is Life
Art should have a special place in our educational system if that system is truly dedicated to explore and develop the human Intellect and Creativity
Founder & Director of Global Art
Art and creative drawing has the power to enhance a child’s mental development, broaden the scope of imagination and exploration of hidden creative talent. Parents send their children for art lessons not because they want them to be artists one day, but to equip them for their soon to be field of endeavour. Positive learning experience in art develops imagination, promoting creativity and innovative thinking in a natural and man-made world. It also increases self-esteem, confidence in problem solving and logical sequence of developing ideas.
The dilemma that we face is that emphasis is placed on other subjects like languages, mathematics, and sciences – but not on art. Students nowadays cannot even draw a simple drawing or outline. Ironically almost all subjects taught in schools needs an illustration, an outline, a drawing, and a diagram. Students are just not mentally equipped to accomplish these art based demands.
How well one draws depends on how well one sees. Art training can tremendously help in the development of Visual Processing – the foundation of the human learning process. Our aim in Global Art is to unlock the hidden potential of being able to see and process visually, and then interpreting what was seen in an aesthetic work of art.
Our exhaustive and thoroughly researched syllabus aim to provide our students with formal art training comparable to any syllabus taught in art school. Students can learn the basics, from subject composition, perspective, colour harmony and contrast, to life drawing. Systematic and straightforward, this syllabus is designed to cater to the needs of all students with or without artistic talent.
Director of Global Art Singapore
Global Art uses a revolutionary approach in nurturing artistic appreciation that cultivates independent creative thinking within our young learners.
Our programmes are structured with functional curriculums covering the foundation of drawing, beginning from getting the lines and basic shapes right, before progressing onto more complicated details. For colouring and painting, objects must always be filled with dark, medium and light tones in their respective directions to create harmony within the artwork. Apart from the programmes being tailored to the student’s abilities, another advantage of it is that it does not stifle with individual students’ creativity, which is, the most important aspect of learning.
Drawing abilities should be based on three factors – Experience, Memories and Visualization. However, as some of us have a weak grasp of basic art skills, we might not be able to express the exact features of our visualization or imagination onto a piece of paper. Hence, my aim is to bridge this gap and build one’s confidence at the same time.
Global Art Singapore was established in 2003. To date, there are 30 centres across the country’s most bustling shopping malls and heartlands accessible to all.
Global Art Singapore holds two competitions – In-house and National annually. Our champions from the National Competition will represent Global Art Singapore in the International Global Art Competition held in a different country every year. I am proud to say that our students have done well and won themselves many trophies and medals throughout these years. We are also unique as we offer certificated grading examinations to our students.
I believe that as an art instructor, one has to possess the qualities of a good caretaker, educator and mentor who can bring out the creativity in our young students. Of course, in order to teach, they must also possess the skills and flair for artistic delivery. To ensure these high standards, our teachers are sent for overseas training courses on a regular basis, as well as being involved in the annual International Art Competition to gain more experiences.
With this, I would like to encourage everyone to Think Creative.
- Global Art & Creative first originated from Malaysia in 1999. This revolutionary art program uses new teaching techniques to develop creativity and drawing skills according to individual learning capabilities. It gained foothold in Singapore by founder Mr. Patrick Tan, who started Global Art Singapore’s first art centre at Parkway, with about (190+) students.
- Global Art Singapore opened a second branch at Goldhill, operating as the headquarters. It started the first batch of franchisees located at Tampines Central and Tampines North. The first Global Art National Art Competition took place at Liang Court Shopping Centre, and the top winners from different categories represented Singapore to participate in the annual GAC International Art Competition in Malaysia.
- The third franchisee started operation at Bukit Batok Central. This year’s National Art Competition was held in the outdoors at Singapore Mandai Zoo. The top winners went on to take part in the GAC International Art Competition in Thailand.
- The fourth franchisee started operation at Yishun. The annual National Art Competition took place at Heartland Mall, and the top winners represented Singapore to participate in the GAC International Art Competition in Indonesia.
- More outlets opened at Kovan, Khatib, and Bukit Batok West. The annual National Art Competition took place at Tampines Central Community Complex, and the top winners went on to participate in the GAC International Art Competition in Malaysia’s prestigious Lim Kok Wing University of Creative Technology.
- Global Art Singapore moved its headquarters from Goldhill to United Square. Three more franchisees operated at Millenia Walk, Bishan and Punggol. Through continuous marketing efforts, Global Art now has a student population of about (1300+) islandwide. The annual National Art Competition was held at United Square Shopping Mall. The top winners went to Guangzhou, China to participate in the GAC International Art Competition.
- The thirteenth outlet opened at Hougang. Last year’s GAC International Art Competition was held in Singapore at United Square Shopping Mall, together with our National Art Competition. It was a fantastic experience for every participating members from all over the world.
- To date, there are 19 centers in Singapore. The newly opened ones are at Downtown east, West coast, Toa Payoh, Jurong East and Bukit Panjang. The once-a-year GAC National Competition was held on 19th September at United Square and the winners from each category and some existing students flew together to Hyderabad, India for the Annual GAC International Competition.
- Global Art has 24 centers islandwide now and we are still expanding, hoping to reach out to more younger ones who have a passion for the arts!
This year, we received an overwhelming response from our students with regards to the annual competition. We are expecting more than 300 participants to attend the National Global Art Competition which is going to be held at United Square. As for the International Competition, the winners will be heading to Ho Chih Min City, Vietnam to compete with children from all around the world
- Our annual National Art Competition themed “Saving The World” was held at United Square while the International Art Competition was held in Bangkok, Thailand. A few of our students were in the top 3 positions
- This year we are very proud and honoured to receive the “Promising SME 500 2013 Award” as well as the
“SG Quality Brands Award 2013/2014” . These two awards are proof that our brand and service delivery in Singapore is well- known and a popular choice of children who want to learn art and parents who want the best creative art programme for their kids.The theme for this year’s Art Competition was “ My Invention”. Students were also invited to participate in the Global Art International Art Competition in Bali, Indonesia.
Two of our students were in the top 3 for Group B and one of our student won 2nd Runner up for Group A.
- We take pride in providing stellar and quality Creative Art lessons for children in Singapore, and this year we are honoured to receive the “Asia Excellence Award 2014” for exceptional accomplishments in Asia Business Field. A new Global Art Centre opened at OneKM Shopping Mall.Heal The World was the theme for 2014’s National Art Competition at United Square. Winners took part in the International Art Competition at Manila, Philippines. Two of our students were in the top 3 for Group A and Group B.
- Happy 50th Birthday to Singapore!!
This year being Singapore’s Jubilee Year, we held a SG50 Facebook Competition and the students get a chance to win an Ipad mini!
In April a new centre opened at East Point Mall, Simei.
In August a new centre opened at City Square Mall.
Our National Art Competition was held at One KM Shopping Mall in September this year and the theme for this year’s Competition is “LOVE”
Winners of this competition will go to Phnom Penh, Cambodia to compete in the International Art Competition! Global Art continues to be the top choice for parents and the best place for children who love learning art and developing their creative skills.